Dottie Lynn Recreation Center is a multi-purpose facility designed to meet the recreation needs of Arlington residents and visitors. In 1995, the facility underwent extensive remodeling and is one of the best equipped recreation centers in the Arlington parks system. The center offers a diverse selection of classes for all ages ranging from arts and crafts to fitness and sports. Additionally, the center is open for reservation during and after business hours. Center rooms, including the gymnasium and multi-purpose area, may be rented for private parties, sporting events, meetings or banquets. Dottie Lynn, located at 3200 Norwood Lane, is open six days a week for class instruction and walk-in use. A fully equipped weight room is also available for a small monthly fee. Contact the center staff for more information on the facilities and current programs. Dottie Lynn Recreation Center sits in an 11 acre park that features a playground, picnic area, basketball court, tennis courts and swimming pool. Facility cards are required for ages 2 and up.
- 1,400 square foot multi-purpose room used for gymnastics, crafts, dance, aerobics and various center activities.
- 800 square foot fitness room overlooking the gymnasium and featuring Nautilus weight machines, Stairmasters, treadmills, new elliptical equipment and stationary bikes. Personal trainers also available.
- Large gymnasium with six basketball goals that can be converted into one volleyball court.
- Complete men's and women's locker rooms with shower facilities.
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, refrigerator and ice machine.
- Professionally trained staff to assist with information and programs.
- Babysitting is available at specific hours.
Dottie Lynn offers a wide variety of activities for all ages. Classes are taught throughout the day Monday through Saturday. Some of the more popular programs and activities include:
- Preschool program offering a fun and educational environment for children ages 3-5.
- Day camp program offering sports, crafts and special activities for children ages 5-12 (available during the summer, Christmas and Spring Break holidays).
- Preschool classes in gymnastics, sports, dance and art.
- Elementary classes in martial arts, cheerleading, sports, advanced-level sports, gymnastics and art.
- Adult classes in aerobics, weight training, personal training and special interest.
- Private instruction in all programs.
- Senior classes in fitness and special interests.
Are you having a family reunion in Arlington, does your church outing need a gymnasium, or would you like to treat your teenager and his/her friends to a party? How about an employee training session, organizational meeting, baby shower or birthday party? Dottie Lynn Recreation Center is available for all types of reservations. Rooms may be rented seven days a week during business hours when center activities are not scheduled, and after business hours. Overnight reservations are also available on Friday and Saturday.
- Gymnasium (half or full court): Wood flooring, glass backboards, volleyball standards and bleacher seating.
- Multi-purpose room: Two multi-purpose rooms. Seating capacity up to 75.
- Kitchen: Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, refrigerator and ice machine.
- Classrooms: Four center classrooms perfect for meetings or parties.
- Overnight rentals: Available on Friday and Saturday evenings from 10 p.m to 8 a.m.
Dottie Lynn Recreation Center sits in Woodland West Park with access to:
- 2 Tennis Courts
- Outdoor basketball goals
- Picnic Area
- Woodland West Swimming Pool
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.