1601 NE Green Oaks Blvd Arlington, TX 76006
Located along the Trinity River, the Elzie Odom Athletic Center is a multi-purpose facility designed to meet the athletic and recreational needs of Arlington residents and visitors. Opened in April 1999, the center offers a wide selection of classes, sports leagues, camps and fitness. Additionally, the center is open for reservations during and after business hours. Center rooms including the two gymnasiums and sports arena, may be rented for private parties, sporting events, meetings or banquets. Elzie Odom is a 60,000 square foot facility located at 1601 N.E. Green Oaks and is open seven days a week for sports leagues, class instruction and walk-in use. A fully equipped weight room is also available for a small monthly fee. The center is located next to River Legacy Parks East which features picnic tables, playground, bike & hike trails and a practice field. For center hours of operation and current programs, please call Elzie Odom Athletic Center at 817-459-6434. Facility cards are required for ages 2 and up. The Center is named after Arlington's former mayor, Elzie Odom. It is in the spirit of his leadership and magnetism that this building is named.
- Four multi-purpose rooms used for martial arts, gymnastics, aerobics, and various sports classes.
- Two 6,660 square foot gymnasiums with six basketball goals and two volleyball courts in each.
- Fitness room with Nautilus weight machines, elliptical trainers, plate loaded equipment, Stairmasters, treadmills, recumbent bikes, free weights and squat racks. Personal trainers are also available.
- Rock climbing wall for classes, private instruction, and rental.
- Sports arena for classes, open skate night, in-line hockey leagues, indoor soccer, and rentals.
- Complete men's and women's locker rooms with shower facilities.
- Professional staff to assist with information and equipment check out.
- Babysitting is available at specific hours.
Elzie Odom Athletic Center offers a wide variety of programs and activities for all ages. League and class activities are taught throughout the day, Monday through Sunday. Some of the more popular programs and activities include:
- Day camp programs focusing on sport activities for children ages 5-13 (available during the summer, Christmas, and Spring Break holidays).
- Playtime Fun, Rock climbing, Skating or Sports theme birthday parties for youth.
- Adult classes in aerobics, boot camp, yoga, Zumba, boxing, and rock climbing.
- Youth athletic leagues in volleyball, basketball, soccer, t-ball/coach pitch, kid pitch, cheerleading, and kickball.
- Adult athletic leagues in volleyball, basketball, flag football, softball, hockey, and kickball.
Birthday Party Service
Join the fun - Call to book your event at (817) 459-6434 or email
Elzie Odom Athletic Center is the City of Arlington's youth and adult sports hub. For more information on sports leagues click the link below
Are you having a family reunion in Arlington? Does your church outing need a gymnasium, or would you like to treat your teenager and his/her friends to a party? How about an employee training session, organizational meeting, baby shower or birthday party? Elzie Odom Athletic Center is available for all types of reservations. Rooms may be rented seven days a week during business hours when center activities are not scheduled, and after business hours, including overnight reservations Monday through Sunday.
- Two Gymnasiums (half or full court): Each full court has hardwood flooring, six basketball goals, two volleyball standards and seating area.
- Four Multi-purpose rooms: Rooms vary in seating capacity up to 100.
- Overnight rentals: Available Monday through Sunday evenings. Hours vary. Maximum 400 people.
- Corporate rates available.
Rock Wall Rental Fee:
- Daily Visit fee/monthly
- Hourly fee (private / semi private)
- Brthday party service with host
- Special event / overnight rental
Rock Wall Programs Offer:
- Rock climbing classes (youth / adult)
- Youth camps
- Boys / Girls scout
- Corporate challenge
- Team building
- Field trips
|Outback||150 (standing room)||$80 / hour|
|Safari||75||$60 / hour|
|Jungle||75||$60 / hour|
|Outback with Rock Wall|
|Full Wall / Outback Room||150||$120 / hour|
|Half Wall / Room (Jungle or Safari)||75||$90 / hour|
|Rock Wall Party Service Fee|
|Jungle or Safari Room and 1/2 Rock Wall||Up to 10 guests||$165|
|Up to 15 guests||$185|
|Outback Room and Rock Wall||Up to 20 guests||$199|
|Up to 25 guests||$225|
|Boy Scout Badge Certification||$20 per climber|
|Corporate Challenge Events||Call for rates|
Monday-Friday: 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday: 12-6 p.m.