Land for Bowman Springs Park, named for the Bowman family that settled in Arlington in 1852, was acquired on January 9, 1959. Originally referred to as "Feather Beach" the 14-acre park takes advantage of its location perched on the southeastern edge of the lake. Paddlers can enter an 11-mile paddling trail that is the first of its kind in the DFW area and the first flat-water trail in Texas. The park also features a fishing pier, a floating dock, an eight-lane boat ramp, and, as one lakeside resident pointed out, "the most beautiful sunsets in the world."
FEATURES / AMENITIES:
Bike/Hike Trail (.16 mile)