Cliff Nelson offers a variety of opportunities for child care throughout the week including care while children are out of school.
3 year old program—Tuesdays and Thursdays This program follows the AISD calendar and is in session from September-May. During the program, we will carry out different themes using crafts, songs, stories, games and other fun activities. We will introduce colors, shapes, numbers, letters and much more.
4-5 year old program –Tuesdays and Thursdays This program is very similar to the 3 year old Preschool Playhouse program with a slightly more advanced curriculum. We will also host a graduation program in May for advancing participants.
- We offer babysitting for our fitness participants free of charge.M-F 8:30am-11:30am
- Parents must be actively participating in our fitness program (Fitness classes or Weight Room) within the building during the time their children are in our babysitting room.
- Children must be at least 6 months old to participate in the babysitting program.
- We ask that children are taken to the restroom prior to leaving them with our babysitter. The restrooms are not in view of the babysitting room.
- If a child needs his/her diaper changed, we will discreetly get the parent’s attention to do so. Staff will not be responsible for changing diapers.
Below is a list of our camps:
Full Day Summer Camps—Camp Cliff (5-12) Our full day camps offer a new theme each week with games, crafts and other fun activities. Campers will swim once a week at the Allen Bolden Pool located at Vandergriff Park. Six field trips are planned per summer. We ask that those who are not participating in our summer meal program to bring a sack lunch each day. An afternoon snack is provided.
Camp Cliff runs during the AISD scheduled summer weeks.
Mini Camps (5-12)
A wide variety of Mini Camps are offered either 9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm. Qualified instructors are carefully selected to ensure your child has a fun time and learns the skills presented.
Preschool / Specialty Camps (3-5)
There are numerous partial day specialty camps offered. Fees, field trips and guest speakers vary depending on camp.
Winter Break Camp (5-12)
Don't want to fight all the skiers on the slopes or the 'beach bums' on the coast? We'll be here to watch your kids during winter break. An afternoon snack is provided. Please bring a sack lunch along each day. Hours are 7:00am – 6:30pm; structured activities are from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Spring Break Camp (5-12)
Don't want to fight all the skiers on the slopes or the 'beach bums' on the coast? We'll be here to watch your kids the week of Spring Break. An afternoon snack is provided. Please bring a sack lunch along each day. Hours are 7:00am- 6:30pm; structured activities are from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.