Harris Road Neighborhood Park:
Harris Road Park is a 12.13 acre property located in Southeast Arlington along W. Harris Road. This much-awaited park achieved substantial completion and has been open to the public since November 8th 2018. A park dedication ceremony is planned for Spring or early Summer 2019.
This park provides the following amenities:
- Parking lot with lighting and accessible parking
- Automated access gate for security
- Playground area with swings - playground equipment for two age groups - 2-5 years and 5-12 years
The play equipment has integral shade canopies. Located within the shade trees, this nature-themed playground offers several nature components and musical instruments for children to experience. The playground equipment is also integrated with educational nature panels.
- The playground area leads to the "nature path" (decomposed - granite) walkway through the shade areas to offer varied play opportunities
- A hike and bike concrete loop trail 8' wide which loops around the park. Benches and picnic tables are located along the path and around the playground area.
- Drinking water fountain is located near the playground area
- New park monument sign is located at the entrance
- Open areas with permanent irrigation system
- Landscape improvements and shade trees