The provisions of the Texas Parks and Wildlife code are applicable to and shall regulate activity on Lake Arlington.
1. Lake Arlington and its parks strictly prohibit:
- Swimming, wading or tubing (tubes pulled by power boats are allowed).
- Possession and consumption of alcohol or drugs.
- Open ground fires.
2. All watercraft must have a Lake Permit before launching.
3. No person shall launch a boat or other craft on Lake Arlington except at points designated and authorized by the City of Arlington.
4. All boating traffic rules involving passing, crossing and overtaking shall be observed.
5. Persons under the age of 13 are prohibited from operating a motorboat. Persons between the ages of 13 and 16 must successfully complete a Boater Education Course.
6. All persons involved in skiing, jet skiing and other similar activities must wear a personal floatation device at all times.
8. Engaging in fishing, boating, skiing or other activities in or upon Lake Arlington in areas designated as restricted and/or marked by buoys is prohibited.
9. Placing, operating or keeping any craft commonly referred to as a competition-type motorboat, houseboat, airboat or raft is prohibited.
10. The operator of any boat involved in an accident resulting in injury, or in damage to property, shall report the accident immediately to the Arlington Police Department.
11. The state registration number assigned to your watercraft must be permanently affixed to both sides of your watercraft in such a position as to be easily identified and must be up to date according to state law.
12. Operators must not operate any watercraft at a rate of speed greater than will permit him/her to bring such watercraft to a stop within the assured clear distance ahead.
13. All buoy traffic markings designating "No Ski, Restricted, and No Wake" zones must be observed at all times.
14. Remember: Think boating safety first and please show courtesy to others at Lake Arlington!