Progress continues at Richard Simpson Park as the new Lake House structure really starts to take shape. The concrete building foundation is complete along with the installation of the vertical walls. The waterline cut across Arkansas Lane is also complete. The project as a whole is approximately 35% complete.
Over the next 30 days:
- The Building stone facade will continue to be constructed
- Interior building work will be ongoing for the next 7 months
- Parking lot demolition and new concrete drive to be constructed
- New concrete drop off at building entrance off Arkansas Lane to be constructed
- Trash dumpster screen wall to be constructed
Phase one of park redevelopment improvements started late October 2017. The $3.5 million project, scheduled to be complete by December 2018, aligns with the Arlington City Council priority to Champion Great Neighborhoods. Construction is funded through the 2008 Bond Referendum and Arlington Tomorrow Foundation.